Monday, January 7, 2013

Our House

Eric and I have been living in our home for almost two months now and we have been loving it.  It's been a lot of work but we haven't even scratched the surface. 

When Eric and I first heard about this house in July we walked through and, even though the house was full of stuff, we could see the potential and really liked it.  I took pictures on my phone back in July of the house and I thought I would share them on here. To show what we've been dealing with.
Look how beautiful and green everything is.  I really don't enjoy all the heat of summer but living in the middle of these ice cold temperatures I catch myself wishing it was summer and green. 

Here are some more pictures of the yard.  The yard is my favorite part of the house, it's on a half acre and has a little offshoot where we plan to fence off and have chickens and maybe other animals.  We'll have to see how long those dreams take to come to fruition. The yard really seems bigger than a half acre.  We thought about buying a different home that was on a half acre and it seemed much smaller than this yard but I haven't done any measuring so I really have no clue.
Partial view of the back yard
the offshoot

As I said, the house was full.  The woman who lived here before we did had been moved into a rest home three years previously and the parts of the house looked like she had just left and other parts looked like she was getting ready to move out.

Livingroom
Kitchen
Diningroom
Beautifully carpeted bathroom (grosses me out. a lot.)
bedroom
master bedroom
bedroom that we're planning to be the nursery
half of the basement

That basement has been really hard to get clean.  The previous owner didn't use the basement after her husband died in the eighties except as storage.  We were cleaning up 30 year old dust and cobwebs and it took a lot of work.  But things are looking more like a home and I'll post some pictures in a few days (mostly as motivation to blog again).

We are planning to tear out some of the awesome carpet in the house and put down tile and wood and repaint some rooms in the next month or so.  I think new paint and flooring will really change how the house look.  Hopefully we'll be able to get things done before the baby comes.  We are officially in the double digits with 99 days left.  He is coming soon and I am not prepared.


3 comments:

  1. Your yard is huge! That is awesome. I can't wait to see your house when we come in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at these pictures I can tell how much work you guys have done! Your yard will be so fun when it isn't freezing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see the after - I know it is going to be amazing. :) I'm really so excited for you and all these wonderful things happening. I can't say it enough!

    ReplyDelete