Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Nursery

We have just about finished getting the baby's room all ready.  Even though he is going to be sleeping in our room for a while we still wanted to get it finished and ready.  We had a really hard time deciding on what colors to paint the room and how we wanted it to look.  We finally decided to do a really beautiful technique called lazuring.  But we did not do it exactly how you are supposed to.  The technique calls for mixing your own pigments and using hard bristled brushes.  We just bought paint from Home Depot and used large sponges.  The outcome of the room looks great, in our opinion.  It looks like water color and has very different textures throughout.  I wouldn't say it looks like true lazuring done by a professional but that's ok.  As long as we love it.  The final colors turned out more vibrant than I thought they would and the room looks like a sunset.  We really like it. Eric did a beautiful job.  He did the room almost completely by himself.  He had a friend come over and help for a while and then I tried to help.  But I nearly ruined it so I fired myself from the painting crew so he could fix it. 

Eric working hard.
We also found an awesome sun light fixture at Ikea the day after we painted.  It was meant to be. 
The final paint product and the cradle that my dad built when my mom was pregnant with me.  All my siblings and I slept in it and I'm excited that my baby gets to sleep in it as well.
I am now at 38 weeks and I am trying to get everything ready for the baby.  I am finished working, as it is spring break now and I guess this guy could come any day.  I have a feeling that I'm in for a bit of a longer wait though.

3 comments:

  1. I love the paint job in the baby's room. Eric did a beautiful job. It is such and exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic. I love the paint job, it's so unique and special. Something for a kid to remember his whole life. :)
    I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one beautiful pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete