Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Finally Here

For a long time I have considered starting a blog but I never had any inspiration and never felt like I had much to say that anyone would ever want to read. But after much urging from my sister, mom, and friends I finally gave in and started a blog about a month and a half ago. I had a title for it and that was all. I still couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say.

However, yesterday I finally decided that I had better get on with it, even my husband had started a blog while I was off lallygagging (to waste time by puttering aimlessly; dawdle). Even though I was not doing anything with my blog I wasn't completely wasting my time. I have dived head first into many books and crafts this terribly long summer. Last night I took a picture of a baby hat I made because I was going to be giving it away, as I don't have a baby and it was my first real effort in crocheting, the thought struck me that I could just post pictures of things I've made or books I've read or really anything. I'm not sure why I've made such a big deal out of not knowing what to say on a blog. Maybe it is because all of the blogs that I have read seem really well put together and I was intimidated.

Anyhow, I am going to finally start my blog by posting my first ever embroidery. Honestly, I was pretty impressed with myself by the time I finished this. The only major problem with it was that I did not know how to transfer the pattern onto a dark fabric so I used a printer iron on paper that left a wax-y residue that will not come off. Sadly this peacock will never be framed or anything but I still think it's pretty good for a first attempt. I love the blues and greens. I began sewing this about a year and a half ago and since then it has been a slippery slope into the craft world for me.

I'll possibly post more pictures of other things I've made in later on but right now I need to pack for my trip to Florida tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. yay blog!
    don't you mean trip to georgia? i wish.
    and i love the peacock! it's so pretty.
    and, if i have ever known a couple with funny stories it is you and eric. my tip for blogging is to not post anything too negative - it's easier to remember the good things in life when that's what you look back and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate. I did not know that you started a blog, but I am excited. I just noticed it on your mom's side bar, so I am glad that I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop on Arkansas along the way! I'm with Bradie... I try to never post anything negative. If I do I never mention any names.. and I keep it short. I'm not a very good writer so a lot of my posts are just pictures and small quotes. But I'm so excited to see your blog! Thanks for starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peacock! I can tell you spent a lot of time working on it. I am also really excited to read about your contemplations. You probably have more to say than you think and we are interested! BTW, I love your facebook profile picture. You are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm excited you started a blog. Now I feel like I'm cyber staling your entire family! :) But it's great to catch up and see what people are up to.

    ReplyDelete