Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Florida

Well, I finally made it back from Florida.  I was there for my cousin's wedding on Anna Maria Island.  It was beautiful and I took a lot of pictures.  My mom did a few posts on the wedding and you can see them here.

I took a bunch of pictures from the plane.  I don't know what is so intriguing to me about seeing the clouds, mountains, and rivers from above.  We even flew over a rainbow.  I could see the entire bow.  It was pretty amazing, unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of that.

This is a picture of the Mississippi River:
 
These clouds reminded me of popcorn and stretched as far as I could see:
And these are the Rocky Mountains.  They don't look quite as huge flying above them:

I also took about fifty pictures of birds.  I chased a heron along a pier trying to get good pictures of him but he yelled at me and flew to a post in the water.  He was pretty amazing. 
<--- Here he is walking away from me as calmly as he could given someone was walking up to him trying to take pictures.


At this point he freaked out, screamed at me and flew a few feet away as quickly as he could --->






Here he is trying to smooth his ruffled feathers.  He is beautiful.

The egret and pelican don't have any stories to go along with their pictures.  They were just minding their own business far from me so the most I could interfere was by taking their pictures.

We saw a ton of lizards running all over the sidewalks.  They were pretty cute and I'm not one for reptiles.



It was beautiful there and I had a lot of fun but I am sure glad to be back home.




3 comments:

  1. remember when we watched The Birds? hahahaha.
    at the end, i was hoping that you were going to say "i think i might bring eric and move to the south."
    just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move to the south! Except I won't be here next year we are probably moving to California again. YUCK. I hate living there. ANYWAYS....
    BEAUTIFUL pictures! Mannnn you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't handle the humidity of the south. I felt like I was dying!

    ReplyDelete