Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Family

Eric and I have recently added a new member to our family of cats.  He is extremely cute and a beast at the same time but we love him.  If you haven't met any of our cats yet, here is your chance.

This is Vree:

We got her just after Thanksgiving of 2008.  She was 5 months old when we bought her from Petsmart.  We couldn't resist how unique looking she is and how clumsy she is.  When we first saw her she was in her glass enclosed cage trying to show off for us on the two story little box in there and she fell off, it was too cute to pass up.  She is such a cute girl.  She loves me but doesn't care much for Eric.  She is usually in the same room as I am throughout the day and talks to me all the time, even though I don't always know what she is saying.



She loves to sit on my lap when I'm on my computer, this is us watching the X-Files.



She has a certain look in her eye that makes her look like she's up to no good.






This is Alys:

We bought Aly from Petsmart as well in the end of January of 2009.  We felt like Vree was lonely and needed a brother or sister.  I wanted a boy cat, I think they have really funny personalities.  I had one all picked out and he looked almost exactly like Alys but Eric's heart was stolen by this little vixen.  He was holding her, she was tiny even though she was 5 months old and she smelled like she was already half dead but she reached up and gave Eric a little kiss on the cheek and he knew he couldn't part with her.  When I held her she did the same thing to me so we bought her and nursed her back to health.  She has been best friends with Eric ever since.  She loves to cuddle with him.



She loves to hang out in windows and anywhere she really shouldn't be.

















Vree and Aly have become good friends, although they weren't to begin with. 



It took Vree quite some time to accept a new member of the family but now they are definitely sisters, best friends, cuddle buddies and playmates.

We added a new member to our family last week.  He is such a cute guy and he and Alys have become fast friends but Vree is still struggling with the newest addition to the family.  We haven't completely decided on a name for the little guy yet but we are thinking of calling him Lecter, he is constantly trying to nibble on my ears, lips, chin, eyes, anywhere he can.  He loves to lay on my chest, right next to my neck and purr really loud.  He is definitely cute when he is calm enough to cuddle but a little terrorist when he wants to play.  I'm covered in scratches from his extremely sharp claws that we can't clip yet.

Lecter: (tentative name)



This was my vain attempt at taking picture of him as he played, do you see the size of his claws?!


I was barely able to get a picture of him as he dashed around the living room chasing imaginary creatures around.




He is such a cute guy and I'm so glad we added him into our mix. 

7 comments:

  1. Cute kitties! The little gray one is adorable. I think we should have a limerick contest to decide onmthe name.
    There once was a cat from Lehi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who scratched so hard he made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is DARLING! I ummm love his name! Keep it? haha I want you guys to meet fungus! He is our kitty and he might be mentally challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. his name was lecter,
    he behaved like a specter,
    but he's still the apple of my eye!

    okay, lame. turn that one in to mrs. shelton for me, will you? i think it's peppy enough. ;)
    hahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, it should be noted that Lecter doesnt really like me much either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've seen her twice at macey's and it's always really awkward. she remembered me and talked to me for a minute about how "interesting" our class was.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so adorable! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete