Monday, August 30, 2010

Introducing: The Incredible Swimming Cat!

We have had Nim for almost two months and in that time we have learned that he is a very mischievous little kitten.  When he isn't waking us up in the middle of the night trying to nuzzle our faces he is usually chasing Alice and Vree until they finally find a hiding place that he hasn't found yet.

With the weather getting colder over the last few days my husband has begun to take soaks in the tub to warm himself up at night.  He noticed that Nim liked to perch on the rim of the tub and drink the water out of the tub once he got out, even daring to stick his front paws into the water, once the water level got too low for him to reach with his face.   We wanted to see how far he would go to get a drink so Eric set him into about two inches of water.  At first Nim was a little uncertain but was soon jumping around in the bath water chasing his tail like a dog.

This evening we decided to experiment further so we placed him in the water again while it was low and slowly filled the tub up.  We put a toy in the tub with him to distract him from the faucet. 

Once the water was chest high on him he seemed to enjoy the warmth and played with his toy and paddled around chasing and playing.   I love how the tip of his tail puffs out under the water. 
(Sorry about the blurry face and weird lighting)



It seems that we have a cat that likes to swim! If only he would let me help him dry off a bit more rather than sitting on my pillow to do it by himself.


5 comments:

  1. Awww so cute! I LOVE LOVE his name too! My kitty fungus has shown signs of liking water.. Maybe I will try what you did! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nim is such a good name.
    I can't believe he likes to swim! So cute!
    Judge doesn't like to let me dry him off too much, either. He'd rather roll around on the carpet and get the house all smelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I wish my cats would swim, we tried to get them into it when they were kittens, but they weren't having it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome, I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny cat! I have never seen anything quite like that!

    ReplyDelete