Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate Milk

I love chocolate milk.  Really love it.  It is one of my all time favorite beverages and when it comes to chocolate milk I am an Ovaltine girl through and through. If i don't have Ovaltine I make do with the chocolate syrup kind but it just isn't as delicious.
I was craving some chocolate milk earlier and didn't have either the beloved Ovaltine or the mediocre chocolate syrup.  Instead of going without I found a recipe online and then adapted it for myself.  It is pretty darn good and a whole lot cheaper than buying Ovaltine or chocolate syrup and I'm sure it's got to be a little bit healthier without all of the preservatives and high fructose corn syrup and such. It doesn't quite have that malt-y taste that Ovaltine has but i'm sure I could had some malt powder that I have had lying around for a while and it would be just as great.

My recipe for Chocolate Milk

1/8 c. water
2 tsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbs. sugar
1 3/4 c. cold milk

In your glass mix the water, cocoa powder, and sugar.  Place in microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the sugar and cocoa completely mixed in.  Add the milk, stir again, and ENJOY!!

I can't explain how exciting this discovery is.  My cravings for chocolate milk do not have to be satisfied only when I splurge and buy Ovaltine!  I'm not completely sure if this is a good thing or not.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds yummy. Dad always makes his own chocolate milk when he is out of Ovaltine.. You should make him some and let him try it.

    ReplyDelete